Before finalising the pieces, I
decided to conduct a few experiments to see if the desired style and effect was
possible to achieve.
I wanted to craft various designs through photographs of portraits with the inspiration of Sebastien Del Grosso and my own artistic styles; the styles consist of sketching, scribbling, patterning, and painting. I thought with the variety of styles within my arsenal I would be able to accomplish various designs, although I was sceptical because the styles looked slightly similar to each other (at times), which may confuse readers. However when I did it, the portrait turned out better than I expected, the difference in contrast was perfect; showing the style of a work in progress (my initial goal). However, I felt I could create more profound designs due to this design being quite frightening (no purpose involved). A problem I encountered when doing this was that the lines didn’t correspond with the actual image as I imagined, in basic terms the image looked unproportioned. With the scribble style out of the picture I decided to try the patterning style next. However, this style made the image seem quite complex rather
than a simple, which I did not like.
I wanted to craft various designs through photographs of portraits with the inspiration of Sebastien Del Grosso and my own artistic styles; the styles consist of sketching, scribbling, patterning, and painting. I thought with the variety of styles within my arsenal I would be able to accomplish various designs, although I was sceptical because the styles looked slightly similar to each other (at times), which may confuse readers. However when I did it, the portrait turned out better than I expected, the difference in contrast was perfect; showing the style of a work in progress (my initial goal). However, I felt I could create more profound designs due to this design being quite frightening (no purpose involved). A problem I encountered when doing this was that the lines didn’t correspond with the actual image as I imagined, in basic terms the image looked unproportioned. With the scribble style out of the picture I decided to try the patterning style next.

For the patterning style, I imported the image onto Photoshop
and used the line tool to develop a unique pattern outcome for a potential
magazine design. The outcome was very good, I gave a more detailed insight on
the combinations of art and photography, due to pattern matching the same
colours of the skin.

I decided to combine Del Grosso’s style instead of my own
styles because I felt his style would appeal more to the target audience, as
it’s very easy to target the goal of the picture. I used Photoshop to import
the image where I then used the brush tool to draw around the image creating a
similar outcome to his. This would not only appeal to audience, it will also
appeal to me because with this style, not only have I managed to create the correct
proportions needed to suffice; I also managed to create something really simple
yet elegant.
With all the development and research done, I managed to create my final magazine design for ARTnews, I decided to split the page in half to show the aspect of the two sectors of art and photography in more precise detail. This detail included the colour differences and how the colours benefit one another in terms of achieving the right outcome.






No comments:
Post a Comment